About the Office of Policy and Compliance
Our mission is to meet the policy and compliance needs of the University by facilitating policy development, assisting the campus community in finding, understanding, and applying University Policies, and providing compliance tools and guidance.
Welcome to the Office of Policy and Compliance for Colorado State University. This website is designed to make University policies more accessible and transparent and to describe the processes for establishing and revising official CSU policies.
The OPC is responsible for research, drafting, and facilitating the approval process for a wide range of University policy documents. In addition, the OPC helps departments to understand legal and regulatory issues and to develop business practices that foster compliance. The Director of Policy and Compliance reports to the Vice President for University Operations.
View a slide presentation about our office here.
Getting Around Our Website:
- Policy Library: Browse policies listed in alphabetical order or by specific category
- Policy Hierarchy: A chart depicting various levels of policy
- Policy Development Process: Step-by-step instructions to help guide you through the development of a policy
- Policies Under Development: A list of policies that are in the drafting and review process and are open for comment
- Resources: Easy access to resource documents
- FAQ: Information to assist you with policy and compliance processes
- Training: Copies of presentations to campus community on policy development/compliance processes
- Higher Education Compliance Alliance: A resource for finding useful information on compliance in many areas of the law affecting higher education, organized by subject and including links to laws, regulations, policies and reference materials.
New CSU Financial Rules and Procedures Adopted
Effective May 1, 2013, CSU has implemented revised Financial Rules for the institution, together with revised Financial Procedure Instructions (FPIs). The new rules and procedures may be found in the Policy Library and on the home page of the Department of Business & Financial Services.
Compliance Reporting Hotline
Compliance: There may be instances when you suspect that a University employee's conduct is not in compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, or policies. To report suspected compliance violations of any kind, including violations related to ethics policy, financial reporting, internal accounting controls, or audit matters, please go to the Compliance Reporting Hotline page.